SLoFIG was founded in January of 2011 by a group of investors brought together under the auspices of Fresh Taste, a partnership of several foundations and the City of Chicago. Its members shared an investment philosophy that focused on the importance of building community wealth through a healthier local food chain.
For general questions, please send an email to email@example.com.
Gourmet Gorilla is pleased to announce that Polaris Charter Academy has sponsored Gourmet Gorilla as a member of the Illinois Network of Charter Schools.
Healthier US School Challenge - July 2012 Effective
New Regulations Explained Updated March 2012
Graphic from the Northwest Indiana Local Food Study, available at http://nirpc.org/home/pdf/
The Great Lakes Food Hub Network (GLFHN) is a trust-based collaboration of food hub practitioners focused on delivering the full value of local foods to markets in ways that build community wealth. Governed by a Council of the Commons, GLHFN’s affiliates are committed to shared values aimed at developing successful social enterprises. These Include.
- A commitment to local sourcing
- Shared/linked IT platforms to create efficiencies of scale and strong communication throughout GLFHN’s value network
- An open exchange of ideas that includes sharing what we learn as we develop new business models and practices
- Co-Investment opportunities and access to capital resources within the network
- Shared branding and strong food safety protocols
- Business models that involve farmers, workers and communities as co-owners and partners to support community wealth development
This past Thursday and Friday Gourmet Gorilla participated in the National Good Food Network Conference. This is a network of over 200 food hubs throughout the United States that are working on improving local food systems and infrastructure in a collaborative way that helps to build community wealth and prosperity.
Gourmet Gorilla, Irv and Shelly’s Fresh Picks, Black Oaks, GoodnessGreeness amongst others are in the Illinois section of the recently researched and published list of local food hubs working for this common goal. USDA’s working list of Food Hubs