The Great Lakes Food Hub Network (GLFHN) is a trust-based collaboration of food hub practitioners focused on delivering the full value of local foods to markets in ways that build community wealth. Governed by a Council of the Commons, GLHFN’s affiliates are committed to shared values aimed at developing successful social enterprises. These Include.
- A commitment to local sourcing
- Shared/linked IT platforms to create efficiencies of scale and strong communication throughout GLFHN’s value network
- An open exchange of ideas that includes sharing what we learn as we develop new business models and practices
- Co-Investment opportunities and access to capital resources within the network
- Shared branding and strong food safety protocols
- Business models that involve farmers, workers and communities as co-owners and partners to support community wealth development